Anoxia during scaffolding work to repair the intake pit at a garbage disposal site
|[Description of the Accident]|
occurred during repair work on the slanted concrete wall of an intake pit
at a garbage disposal site.
1. Despite that the working site posed the danger of anoxia, the concentrations of oxygen and hydrogen sulfide were not measured.
2. An operations chief was not appointed.
3. Accident prevention measures were not fully studied in the work plan.
4. Respiratory equipments was not.
5. Safety and health education was not provided.